Don't be fooled by the name...we are a dedicated club whose members fly everything from winch gliders, helicopters and wing racers to high tech FPV aircraft. Our club participates in community events, promotes the hobby of RC flying and safety, and encourages youth participation through the Bob Pickens Junior Pilot Program.
- Our field is an AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) certified field, AMA #3308, and all members are required to have a current AMA card in their possession and display a club card when at the field.
- The LVSC is an AMA Gold Leader Club.
- The LVSC members pilot everything from gliders to helicopters to "drones."
- The LVSC has the only electric winch for launching gliders in Las Vegas.
- The carpeted runway is 300 by 35 feet and not only has good clearance, but fantastic views of the nearby Red Rock Recreation Area.
- Club membership is through an approval process only. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
- At this time only electric powered aircraft are allowed to operate at the field.
"X" marks the Spot
Thanks to our Field Coordinator Dave Knapp and his helpers Michael Folkman and Scott Downey for painting the "X"'s on the runway today (25 APR 22).
2021-2022 LVSC Board
Congratulations to the new LVSC Board Members elected via online voting.
President: Al Badoux
Vice President: Sandy Tiederman
Secretary: (open) filled by President interim
Treasurer: Barry Mattison, AMA Disctrict X AVP
Safety Coordinator: Mike D'Antonio
Membership Coordinator: Al Badoux
Field Coordinator: David Knapp
Thanks to the previous board members and all the members who continually support our great club.