Don't be fooled by the name...we are a dedicated club whose members fly everything from winch gliders, helicopters and wing racers to high tech FPV aircraft. Our club participates in community events, promotes the hobby of RC flying and safety, and encourages youth participation through the Bob Pickens Junior Pilot Program.
- Our field is an AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) certified field, AMA #3308, and all members are required to have a current AMA card in their possession and display a club card when at the field.
- The LVSC is an AMA Gold Leader Club.
- The LVSC members pilot everything from gliders to helicopters to "drones."
- The LVSC has the only electric winch for launching gliders in Las Vegas.
- The carpeted runway is 300 by 35 feet and not only has good clearance, but fantastic views of the nearby Red Rock Recreation Area.
- Club membership is through an approval process only. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
- At this time only electric powered aircraft are allowed to operate at the field.
As of now the field remains open. However, we ask that you observe current social and interaction guidelines issued by the authorities.
2021-2022 LVSC Board
Congratulations to the new LVSC Board Members elected via online voting.
President: Al Badoux
Vice President: Sandy Tiederman
Secretary: (open) filled by President interim
Treasurer: Bill Richardson (Interim)
Safety Coordinator: Mike D'Antonio
Membership Coordinator: Dave Osborn
Field Coordinator: David Knapp
At Large: Barry Mattison, AMA Disctrict X AVP
Thanks to the previous board members and all the members who continually support our great club.