Don't be fooled by the name...we are a dedicated club whose members fly everything from winch gliders, helicopters and wing racers to high tech FPV aircraft. Our club participates in community events, promotes the hobby of RC flying and safety, and encourages youth participation through the Bob Pickens Junior Pilot Program.
- Our field is an AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) certified field, AMA #3308, and all members are required to have a current AMA card in their possession and display a club card when at the field.
- The LVSC is an AMA Gold Leader Club.
- The LVSC members pilot everything from gliders to helicopters to "drones."
- The LVSC has the only electric winch for launching gliders in Las Vegas.
- The carpeted runway is 250 by 35 feet and not only has good clearance, but fantastic views of the nearby Red Rock Recreation Area.
- Club membership is through an approval process only. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
- At this time only electric powered aircraft are allowed to operate at the field.
For the 2nd year our club was the host club for the 3 day event held at Bennett Field. The top RC helicopter pilots from around the globe were there showing off their skills and products.
Thanks to the LVSC volunteers that helped make this a great event. 176 RC Helicopter pilots from all over the world were present and had a great time inspite of the weather.